Beautiful things often come in small packages.So,there’s nothing wrong about being on the shorter end of the scale. You have the freedom to wear whatever you like.However, in all honesty, short women often feel the need to create an illusion to look taller with their dressing . The idea is to work with our natural body type and dress up to bring out the best in us.
So, if you want to look visually taller, below given are few awesome outfit ideas for short girls and short girls only. Because, why should tall girls have all the fun :
1) Jump Into A Jumpsuit : Swapping your play suits with a jumpsuit can make a lot of difference to the height. The tie-able ones are better option. Wearing cap sleeves instead of sleeveless is another trick to A jumpsuit with a waist belt and small prints will surely work in your favor! This with ankle length boots will never fail you.
2) Sequin Skirt And Tucked In Shirt: Pencil skirts complement your body type .Drop those tank or tube tops and pair them with a plaid or chambray shirt that has the right amount of volume. Tuck it in, and wear pointed heels – it is the most obvious way of looking taller.
3) Pantsuits For Short Women: Think a little out of the box and go for slightly flared up formal pants instead of pencil cuts. For a complete formal look, pair this with a well-fitted shirt or bodysuits and a blazer with a flared hemline.Or, opt for a linen blazer, trousers, and tops that do not stick to your body and give you enough structure.
4) Maxi Skirts: A well-cut maxi skirt can give you the appearance of looking taller.Choose solid versions that skim the length of your body, which will create a long vertical line . Be sure to keep your top fitted—a tucked-in T-shirt and a cropped leather jacket.Also, make sure the skirt’s hemline is as long as you can go without tripping, and add a pair of wedges or heels underneath.
5) Flared Jeans : Fitted jeans with a distinct flare at the bottom create the illusion of a longer leg. The trick here is to keep the fit of the jean super-slim through the leg.For optimal height, be sure to pair your flares with a waist-length top, or a blouse you can tuck in.
6) Rock out with Vertical Stripes : Vertical stripes create long lines, thus making you look, well, longer. Stripes are one of spring’s biggest trends, so you’ll have absolutely no problem locating some cute striped options.
7) Go Short! : When you’re short, you should either go super-long, or super-short in case of dresses. Mini-skirts show more skin, which creates the illusion of a longer leg. Of course, if you’re wearing a mini, make sure it’s not offensively short—let’s keep it chic, ladies.
8) Oversized Sweater And Denims: Nobody looks as cute as a petite woman in an oversized sweater and jeggings, skinny denim or leggings. If you can get your hands on sweaters with in-built chokers, off-shoulders styles, etc., it only gets better.
9) Baggy Trousers And Ruffled Tops: If you are headed to an evening party, leave your regular LBDs and change them with crop tops and baggy pants, palazzo pantsuits, etc. that make your legs look elongated. Remember to always wear heels or wedges with this get-up
10) V-Neck Top And Ankle Length Boots : V-neck or plunging necklines add length to your bodice and stretch out your upper body. Wearing them with ankle length boots instead of your regular heels can make the outfit look quite interesting.
Just like anything else, there’s not one right way of doing this. But, you know what gets you to near perfection? Listening to your body, being comfortable in what you wear, and pulling it all off with confidence. It’s as simple or as complicated as that.