Some of these ideas might seem a little strange, but they work — try them yourselves!
- Faded silver items can once again be made to shine if you rub them with a small amount of toothpaste.
- With the help of toothpaste, you can get car headlights looking slick and clean. Modern toothpaste contains an abrasive material which works wonders for cleaning them.
© autoturbine © ©
- The keys on a piano can become dirty very fast due to constant contact with human fingers. Put a small amount of toothpaste on a wet cloth and carefully clean the keys — you’ll be surprised at how effectively it works!
- Footwear with white soles, such as Converse shoes, can easily be cleaned with toothpaste.
- If you cover the insides of swimming goggles in a very thin layer of toothpaste, then wash it off, they won’t get steamed up anymore when you’re swimming. I never would have guessed!
- You can get rid of stains on wooden surfaces in just a couple of minutes by wiping them with a little toothpaste. No need for harmful bleaching chemicals!
- Toothpaste is also great for getting rid of various kinds of stains on clothing, from lipstick on a shirt to spaghetti sauce on a tablecloth. Just cover the offending stain with a small amount of toothpaste, rub it in slightly, and leave for a small amount of time before washing it off. But remember that for colored clothing it’s best not to use whitening toothpaste.
- You can give taps their old shine back if you cover them in a little toothpaste and rub with a cloth. In fact, it works great on any chrome-plated surface.
- You can also use it to clean the bottom of an iron!
- The screen and back side of your smartphone can become scratched very quickly if you don’t cover them with a protective film. Put a little toothpaste on a cloth, then carefully rub it on any scratches. Remove any remaining toothpaste, and wipe the screen dry.
- Toothpaste can even clean your fingernails. Just cover them in a small amount, leave for a couple of minutes, and wash off with water.
- Certain odors, such as that of garlic, onion and fish, can be very difficult to remove from your hands. But if you wash your hands with a small amount of toothpaste, the smell will disappear in no time.
If you fill a condom with toothpaste and tie its end firmly, you’ll get a stress reliever ball that will serve you for a long time due to the endurance of latex, of which condoms are made. Squeeze all you like and let the stress evaporate!