Womenly is excited to share some of the facts that can surprise readers that haven’t been to China. Here are those :
1. Pale facial skin is of utmost importance in China.
2. Public bathrooms don’t have a regular toilet but are equipped with a state-of-the-art TV.
3. Rent a boyfriend or girlfriend to avert or calm down your inquisitive Chinese relatives.
4. Spitting and burping in public is absolutely okay and polite except for in some places.
5. Tipping at restaurants is considered insulting and crazy — it’s not appropriate in China.
6. There’s a practice for well-off Chinese people called “ding zui”. It means hiring a person to serve their prison sentence.
7. New houses are usually sold without windows.
8. There won’t be any bathtubs or showers in your Chinese bathroom. The floor is always wet as water flows directly onto it.