Pimples. Acne. Zits. Bumps. Spots. Whatever you want to call them, they are annoying, and chances are, they will happen at the most inopportune time. Acne is a common skin problem that affects people of all ages. Acne can appear on the face, chest, back and scalp. Teenagers suffer the most from acne because of the increased hormone levels in their body. Sleep deprivation, too much stress, unhealthy eating habits and a hectic lifestyles can also cause acne.
If you are not interested in buying expensive skin care products, there are many simple and easy natural cures using common ingredients found in your pantry and refrigerator to prevent or minimize the problem.
- Apple Cider Vinegar : It has antibacterial properties, as well as antifungal It is very powerful though, so dilute it when you use it. Just apply a small amount to your skin, but make sure that you choose pure, undiluted vinegar for best results.
- Manuka Honey : It is best known for wound healing and soothing properties. The way that it’s used for acne treatment is very simple- it is simply applied directly to the skin and then later rinsed. Few drops of lemon juice may also be added for best results.
- Baking Soda : Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate works as a gentle exfoliant for your skin. Thus, it unplugs the pores and removes dead skin.It also helps regulate the pH balance of the skin and has mild anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Apply a paste of one or two teaspoons of baking soda and a little water. Rinse it off after a few minutes. Use baking soda on your skin once or twice a week.
- Cucumber : Nature’s cooling aid .It is the flesh of the cucumber(the white inside) that has all the anti inflammation and soothing properties. So, peel it and grate .Apply this cucumber paste either as a spot treatment to help reduce redness. Or all over your face as a mask 2 or 3 times a week to reduce inflammation and irritation. Keep your cucumbers in the fridge as this helps with the cooling and soothing effect!
- Raw Tomatoes: This is one of the simplest home remedies for acne: Just slice a ripe tomato in half and gentle rub it over your face for about 2 minutes .Tomatoes are acidic which helps to control oil, so this is really good for areas like your T Zone.This also helps to brighten your complexion so it can be a great general facial treatment.
- Water: By drinking 10-12 glasses of water per day, you can flush most, if not all, impurities out of your body. Also, you can boil a pot of water, and place a towel over the pot and your head to get the benefits of steam. Steam can help to open the pores and flush out the impurities.
So, try the above simple home-remedies to treat acne problem , whichever suits you the best.