Starting with the good stuff , firstly understand that hair loss is completely normal and that everyone goes through it. Normally, the head loses up to 100 hairs per day. The body naturally replaces those lost. If you have been experiencing hair fall, and have reason to believe that it’s not just your shedding cycle, the first thing to do would be to find out what’s causing the problem. While genes play a major role, there are a lot of other factors that cause hair loss with hormone fluctuations and stress being the leading causes include overly tight hairstyles, hard brushing, dye treatments, excessive weight loss, and frequent use of hot styling tools.
There are plenty of solutions to nipping the issue at its roots (in a manner of speaking). So take your first step to treating hair fall with the help of the following tips.
Regularly massage your scalp: Almond oil, coconut oil and sesame oil are the preferred oils to massage your scalp. Massaging your scalp with lukewarm oil will relieve stress ,improve blood circulation in your scalp thus stimulating the hair follicles. It is also an excellent remedy for scalp infection and dandruff treatment.
2)Keep yourself hydrated : Take adequate intake of water. Eating disorders such as anorexia apart from poor nutrition causes a high proportion of hair follicles to stop their growth cycle. Another reason for accelerated hair loss is rapid weight loss and nutritional imbalance which can cause changes in the body resulting in increased hair loss
3) Reduce Stress : Try to identify the source of the stress to help counter it, and practice yoga or meditation to relax. Reading, listening to music, and taking a leisurely walk are also good methods to help reduce stress levels.
4) Eat Nutrient Rich Foods : Hair is made of protein, so adding more protein to your diet promote hair growth. Red meat, dairy, and eggs are all protein-rich foods. Other nutrient packed foods that promote hair health are salmon, almonds, blueberries, guava, sweet potatoes, carrots, whole grains, spinach, kale, and broccoli
5) Increase vitamin intake: Vitamins are also good for your hair .While Vitamin A triggers healthy production of sebum in your scalp, Vitamin E improves blood circulation in your system. Vitamin B however, helps hair maintain its healthy colour.
6) Turn to natural remedies: The traditional methods are generally the most assured ways of preventing hair loss. Religiously follow these techniques and you’ll see glowing results within no time.
- Neem : Boil the neem leaves in water.Wait for the mixture to cool.Rinse your hair with this mixture.Neem has an anti-bacterial properties that will treat dandruff & thus helps In promoting hair growth.
- Black Pepper and yoghurt paste: Mix a few teaspoons of black pepper with a few ounces of yoghurt. Rub it into your hair like a regular shampoo. Rinse it out after five minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Garlic juice, onion juice or ginger juice : Keep a stock of these juices for rubbing into your scalp every night. Leave it overnight and wash it out in the morning. You will observe definite improvement within a week, if you practice this routine religiously.
- Vinegar : It will help eliminate the dandruff in your hair, thus enhancing its growth. Dandruff is known to clog in the hair follicles and the pores, making it difficult for your hair to grow.
7) Yoga Asanas: Try these yoga asanas along with eating a balanced diet to combat hair loss problem: Utthanasana, Vajrasana , Sarvangasana, Sasangasana, Ustrasana, Matsyasana , AdhoMukhaSavasana
Dealing with hair loss is one of the most painful things in the world. It is hard to just sit by and watch as your hair withers away. So – don’t! With this handy guide, you too can battle hair loss and come out victorious.