Love is a partnership of two unique people who bring out the very best in each other, and who know that even though they are wonderful as individuals, they are even better together.
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little ‘extra’ every day, as often as possible, for as long as the both partner shall live. Being in a long marriage is a little bit like that nice cup of coffee every morning – You might have it every day, but you still enjoy it. Happily ever after is not a fairy tale, It’s a choice. To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person, perfect..
The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace It isn’t something that just happens; it’s something that must be created. In a relationship, always remember : The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest. Also, you meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you, and then you meet one person & marry that person , so your life is changed forever.
Although all marriages and relationships are not created equal, there are some fundamental rules that every happy marriage probably already follows. Contrary to popular belief, yes, happy marriages really do exist. There are certain do’s and don’ts. They have certain bonds and rules that can’t be broken. So, Let’s have a look on the Rules of a Happy marriage :
- Love unconditionally Make sure your actions show your love. Nothing takes the place of spending time on the relationships that matter most. Stay focused on the good qualities of your partner and ignore, little annoyances. Do something different daily, and together, that makes you both happy and your relationships will benefit. Be open with your expressions of love. Appreciating and enjoying the good in your relationship attracts more good and your relationship becomes stronger and better
“Stop looking at marriage as a thing and start thinking of it as part of you. Take care of it, nurture it and let it grow”
- Respect & Care from heart : No matter how heated the argument, always respect one another . Never take each other for granted. Consistent praise and gratitude goes a long way .Choose your words wisely. Use them to build your spouse up and not tear them down). If your spouse really comes first, that means you’re not on your cell phone, tablet or computer when you’re having a conversation with them .Give them your undivided attention. “Please,” “thank you” and “you’re welcome,” can go a long way in helping your partner remember that you respect and love him .
- Only Truth & NO Lies & Secrets : Every relation builds on the strong foundation of trust. For a couple ,who is married & committed to stay together for their whole lives and who are one & inseparable now, ”TRUST” is foremost. Both partners should be able to believe each other with closed eyes. This is possible, if there are no secrets & lies. Always Speak the TRUTH to your partner. Nobody can hide the reality for long. So, it’s better to hurt your partner with the truth but never comfort him/her with a lie.Truth will be painful for a moment but atleast ,it may save a relation in comparison to the lie ,that may even end long relation within seconds. Have patience to listen your partner ,even if it’s the most dirtiest secret & when the other partner is wrong, he must confess his mistake & must make all the efforts to rectify it ¬ to repeat it. Marriage is all about, being TRUE to each other , till End.
- Commitment: Both partners must fulfill their duties and commitments towards each other & towards their future. They must keep their promises. If one wants other to trust him /her, then both have to be really sincere & true for their respective duties. They must not make fake promises. If you can’t fulfill your words, better don’t commit on your words. Don’t keep your partner in dark ,afterall he/she is the one with whom you have to spend your whole life. He/she will be your strongest support system in the end days of your life. Both partners have to equally handle the duties at home. As a lady can go out to work ,similarly husbands must not shy away cooking food, cleaning home or baby-sit their kids sometime.
- Express your needs : Couples must practice ,telling each other what they are feeling and what they need .Even if such expression brings conflicts to the surface. This will increase trust between partners. .Keeping quiet will just ruin your relationship. Sound it out. It other words: communicate! Talking out the tough subjects — money, religion, fidelity, raising kids —will not be the most fun you’ve had, but it’ll be valuable. Communication is the Lifeline of every relationship. When you stop communicating with your partner, you are giving way to your relation to die a natural death. When you start expressing what you feel & what you need..you will eventually feel..that your relation has become strong as ,with the passage of time you both will start understanding more better and will be more sensitive to your partner’s need.
- Fight right : Every couple fight & it’s not unhealthy. Most of times it may lead to better understandings & resolve many conflicting issues. In order to have productive arguments, keep these rules in mind: When things get really tough, take a break from the argument. Let the other person finish his/her sentences. Don’t initiate a discussion when you’re angry. Don’t argue in public.There’s nothing more uncomfortable than witnessing a couple arguing for the world to see Forgiving is such an important ingredient in relationships. But, the other partner must commit not to repeat his/her mistakes again. Always make sure to have conclusion to all your arguments so that never to fight over the same matter again. Say ,”SORRY” when you feel it’s your mistake. Never go to bed , angry with each other.
- Variety is the spice of life: Dullness and a monotonous life can lead to dissatisfaction with a relationship. Trying something new can be as simple as visiting an unfamiliar restaurant or as grand as a backpacking trip to your favourite place. Discoveries you make together will keep you feeling Be playful. Don’t take everything so seriously, laugh regularly and sometimes uncontrollably (bring childlike play into your marriage).
- Two heads are better than one : Being in a relationship,basically means you’ve made a merger; you’ve not only joined assets but inherited the other’s problems as well. Rather than looking at his problems as merely his own, tackle them together. Work together and help each other in various assignments. Be a strong pillar for each other esp. when your partner is down or unhappy.
For example, if he’s gaining weight, rather than pushing him to diet on his own, enroll in an exercise program together. Share your dreams with each other (when you’re on one accord it creates a stronger bond…nothing seems impossible with the support of your spouse). It is easy to be in a relationship when things are going well but it’s the tough times that strengthens the bond. Remember to be there, be supportive and ask for help when you need it.
- Quitters never win : Find a ritual and keep it alive, no matter what. Whether it’s always kissing each other good night, renewing your wedding vows every year, going for dates on Saturday or for a movie in a month, a short trip every month, sleeping in as late as you want once a month or committing to have passionate sex once a week, pick something that makes you both feel good and stick to it, even when you’re tempted to skip.
- Sex should be fun, enjoyable, passionate and relaxing : Scheduling may makes it seem like a chore. So, indulge regularly (spontaneity is exciting). So, enjoy every moment of togetherness and being intimate. Your close moments must be full of love, care and respect. Give happiness to your partner. Sex is Best when both partners contribute equally,both should be able to enjoy their climax ! Don’t do it for just formality sake!!
The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs, or in the same room, and you feel that warmth that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.
Common courtesy plays a big role in happy marriages. People who are permanently married are polite to one another. They don’t want to hurt one another’s feelings, and they don’t try to make the other one feel humiliated. People who are married for life are extremely kind to one another.